Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 8, 2009 (Morning)

Yesterday, we went to the water park (it's called the Garden of Water Peace). That was fun. For most of the time, I played with the Vietnamese students, dad and Tommy. However, I did go down one of the water slides twice. The first time, I was pondering whether or not I actually wanted to go down. Then, some students (one from last year) started calling my name. They wanted me to go down with them. So, I did. It was fun. Due to this, I decided to go back down the slide. When I got to the top, a student from last year, Sandy, was sitting at the top. He was watching people go down. I motioned for him to go down. But, he shook his head. Then, when I was almost about to go down, I motioned him again. So, I went down with him.
After that, I played with the Vietnamese students in the pool. We played football, wrestled, and went down a zip line into the pool. There was also a smaller slide that I went down with the Vietnamese students and two other students. Altogether, it was pretty fun.
Then, on the bus ride to and from the water park, I played a dot game and tic-tac-toe with a student (his name is Visal). We had also done that Monday on the bus. He won the dot game. We both won some games of tic-tac-toe. I enjoyed it. It was pretty fun. Plus, he bought me a Khmer candy bar and sucker. So, we both ate those while we played. The candy bar and sucker were actually pretty good.

Jake

2 comments:

  1. oh the water slides were so fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear Tommy came out of the Water Park unscathed this year!

    ReplyDelete